Saturday 31 March 2012

Polska!



Monday 26th March 2012 we arrived in Wroclaw, Poland. Friday 30th March 2012 we will move into our new home together.


Colin and I got drunk on the hostel floor last night and we talked deeply (well as deep as you can after consuming several beers and long islands...yum) we talked about love, trust, marriage, and the past, my blackberry (mmhmm), his life, my life. It was really beautiful actually.

Sometimes truly tender moments arise from being completely trashed.


I am very happy that we have decided to move to Europe together and try to carve out a life here, it’s exciting having a clueless future in a country that has continual festivals, activities, a bustling market square, beautiful architecture, and food and drink at giveaway prices!

We spent 3 days in total dragging our poor butts around the various flats in order to secure our dream place. We lived together in Korea but I do NOT count that as our first place together ! It was dirty, moldy, cockroach ridden and smelly. It was cold in the winter, where we spent our time in the living room and ONLY the living room, and hot in the summer, where we spent our time in the bedroom and ONLY the bedroom (which is not as fun as it may sound!) I hated going back there after being out all day, I actually really dreaded it. We have now paid a deposit on a flat that I cannot wait to get into.

We were on the verge of buying another, even considering not bothering viewing this one, but after seeing the pictures I just had to ! I am so happy we did, it has a brick wall feature, a beautiful kitchen that is open plan with the living room.
A really nice bathroom, sans bathtub but I will get over that..in time, a gorgeous bedroom that has balcony doors! I love it.


2 more hours and we will be in.


The Polish seem to love their graffiti, it is everywhere. Yesterday when we went to view this place my face fell when I was in front of our future door way, it had a spray painted giant, silver, erect penis!
“Please, please, no!”

Luckily, we got the address wrong and we happen to live NEXT to the spray painted, giant, silver, erect penis. At least it will be easy to find home!


It is time to begin.....

No comments:

Post a Comment